The Project began restoration of the historic building originally constructed 1890 and reconstructed 1906 for use as a public bath funded by the James Lick Estate and subsequently used as a steam laundry and most currently used as professional office and art gallery. The 10,500 sf two-story building is divided into two halves based on the original building parti for providing separate menís and womenís bathing facilities. Restoration improvements designed and supervised by Ricky G. Mason, AIA for the Owner included removal of wood framed mezzanines and floor coverings added in the 1970ís, interior and exterior pointing of masonry, repair of exterior plaster, repair / replacement of metal and built-up roofing, replacement and glazing of skylight glass and painting.
Owner: Aspen Creek Partners
Builder: John Smithyman Construction
Status: Completed 2004 Spring