Choose:
CIVIC CENTER RETROFIT RENOVATION EXPANSION

The Project located on 5 ac three block long civic center campus includes site and building retrofit, renovation and expansion of 45,000 sf two-story City Hall constructed in 1932 and expanded in 1960; 20,000 sf Public Safety Building constructed in 1970 and 10,000 Conservatory Theater originally constructed in 1970 and renovated in 1980. The design by Ricky G. Mason in association with Collaborative Design Architects is planned in three phases to minimize disruption to City’s ongoing day to day business operations and provides a 66,000 sf City Hall and 20,000 sf Public Safety with technology, infrastructure and structural systems conforming to essential service facility requirements for use as City offices and meeting rooms by Mayor, City Council, City Manager and Finance, Development, Engineering, Transportation and Information Technology Departments, and Alameda County Fire Department and for use as offices, dispatch, shooting range, jail and disaster preparedness facility by Police Department. The retrofit includes seismic strengthening alterations to building structural foundation and framing systems including addition of lateral force resisting systems of sprayed gunite shear wall and steel moment and braced frames to make buildings withstand seismic quake of 7.0 or less and conform to structural design requirements for essential service facilities.

PHASE ONE / TWO
Owner: City of San Leandro
Builder: Nibbi Brothers Construction
Cost: $14,000,000
Status: Complete 1997 Fall

PHASE THREE
Owner: City of San Leandro
Builder: West Bay Builders
Cost: $4,000,000
Status: Complete 1998 Fall

@COPYRIGHT 2009 GEHRICKE + MASON ARCHITECTS COLLABORATIVE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED CONTACT US